||Inspiring Others: What Really Motivates People
Inspiring Others teaches managers that motivating others requires:
- Understanding what makes different people tick
- Identifying and removing barriers to performance by ensuring people have what they need to do their jobs
- Effectively providing positive reinforcement and constructive feedback
- Establishing clear, fair, and accurate performance evaluation methods
- Considering individual preferences for reward and recognition
- Avoiding common barriers to high motivation, such as misaligned talents and capabilities, employee fatigue and burnout, lack of focus, or poor prioritization.